Charlie Baker was born on November 13, 1956, in Elmira, New York is an American businessman and politician who has been the 72nd Governor of Massachusetts since January 8, 2015.
He served in the Massachusetts governor’s cabinet twice and was the CEO of Harvard Pilgrim Health Care for ten years. He is a Republican with a moderate stance.
Since Colonial time, his English ancestors have lived in the northeastern United States.
In 1991, Baker was appointed Secretary of Health and Human Services by Governor Bill Weld. Baker was appointed Secretary of Administration and Finance by Weld and Governor Paul Cellucci in 1992.
He stepped aside as CEO of Vanguard Medical Associates after three years to run for Governor in 2009 under the fiscal conservative and cultural liberalism platforms, winning the primaries but losing the general election to Democratic incumbent Deval Patrick.
He received his schooling at Harvard College, where he earned a Bachelor of Arts in English in 1979.
Baker established a $30 million pothole repair fund in March 2015 and filed the state’s annual $200 million bills to the state legislature for infrastructure financing aid to local governments through the state’s Chapter 90 program in the aftermath of the 2014–15 winter.
Baker filed a $2.13 billion capital budget for the fiscal year 2016 in June 2015. Baker’s administration had also proposed a capital budget of $2.34 billion for 2019.
Table of Contents
Charlie Baker’s Profile
Before moving any further, let’s have a look at Charlie Baker’s profile.
|Full name||Charles Duane Baker, Jr.|
|Common name||Charlie Baker|
|Date of birth||November 13, 1956|
|Place of birth||Elmira, New York, U.S.|
|Age||64 years old|
|Father name||Charles Duane Baker|
|Mother name||Alice Elizabeth|
|Siblings||Jonathan and Alex|
|Profession||Politician (72nd Governor of Massachusetts)|
|Political party||Republican party|
|Office||Governor of Massachusetts since 2015|
|Husband||Lauren Cardy Schadt|
|Children||A.J. Baker and Charlie Baker, Caroline Baker|
|Education||Harvard University (AB),|
Northwestern University (MBA)
|Net worth||Approx $20 million USD (As of 2020) and salary is $185,000|
Charlie Baker Family
Charles Duane Baker is his father, while Alice Elizabeth Baker is his mother. Charles is the family’s fourth generation to bear the surname. He is still related to his siblings.
Before moving to Rockport, he grew up in Needham, Massachusetts, with Jonathan and Alex’s younger brothers.
Charlie Baker Wife
Baker married Lauren Cardy Schadt, a Kellogg alumna, in 1987; she is the daughter of James P. Schadt, the former CEO of Reader’s Digest and Cadbury Schweppes Americas Beverages.
She also worked as an assistant account executive at a New York advertising agency.
They are blessed with3 children, two sons, A.J. Baker and Chalie Baker, and a daughter, Caroline Baker. And live in Swampscott, Massachusetts.
Charlie Baker Body Measurements
Baker’s height is 5 feet 8 inches and weighs over 70kg approx. His eyes are heavy chocolate, and he has white hair. Other information is not available about his physical appearance.
|Height||5 feet 8 inches|
|Body measurement||Not available|
Charlie Baker Social Media Presence
His Instagram id is @massgovernor with 789 posts and 28.9k followers.
Charlie’s Instagram bio reads “Official account of Governor Charlie Baker of Massachusetts” and has his website: www.mass.gov/governor.
He also uses Twitter, his Twitter Id is @CharlieBakerMA and has 96.5K Followers. His bio on Twitter reads as “Governor of Massachusetts, focused on building a great Commonwealth for everyone. For updates from the campaign, follow @BakerPolito.”
Similarly, you can find him on Twitter, Instagram, as well as you can see his website as:
Charlie Baker Achievements
According to his education, he received a Bachelor of Arts in English from Harvard College in 1979.
On January 8, 2015, Charlie Baker was sworn in as the 72nd governor of Massachusetts at the Massachusetts State House in Boston.
He is classified as either a liberal or a moderate Republican. On January 3, 2019, Baker was sworn in for the second time.
Some Facts about Charlie Baker
- Andrew “A.J.” Baker, Baker’s son, was charged with sexually assaulting a woman on a JetBlue flight on June 22, 2018. Baker reacted to queries about the event the next week, saying that his son would fully cooperate with an impartial investigation by the Massachusetts U.S. Attorney’s Office.
- He favors the impeachment investigation on Donald Trump, which began in September of this year.
- In 2018, the Trump administration suggested altering Title X to prohibit health clinics from exchanging workspace and financial services with abortion providers, which Charlie Baker rejected.
- On occasion, Baker is known to comment on current events in pop culture. Despite having “a strong knowledge and affection for the Ramones, Green Day, and the Dropkick Murphys,” Baker “is unabashedly Top 40 in his preferences, trapped primarily in the classic rock that dominated radio in his teens and twenties, namely the 1970s and ’80s,” according to a 2015 Boston magazine article.
- The Governor, a lifelong Star Wars enthusiast, stated that the prequels and adaptations that came out the same year as the original trilogy were not his favorites.